Written in Red
by Anne Bishop
No one creates realms like New York Times bestselling author Anne Bishop. Now in a thrilling new fantasy series, enter a world inhabited by the Others, unearthly entities—vampires and shape-shifters among them—who rule the Earth and whose prey are humans.
As a cassandra sangue, or blood prophet, Meg Corbyn can see the future when her skin is cut—a gift that feels more like a curse. Meg’s Controller keeps her enslaved so he can have full access to her visions. But when she escapes, the only safe place Meg can hide is at the Lakeside Courtyard—a business district operated by the Others.
Shape-shifter Simon Wolfgard is reluctant to hire the stranger who inquires about the Human Liaison job. First, he senses she’s keeping a secret, and second, she doesn’t smell like human prey. Yet a stronger instinct propels him to give Meg the job. And when he learns the truth about Meg and that she’s wanted by the government, he’ll have to decide if she’s worth the fight between humans and the Others that will surely follow.
10 Reasons Why You Should Read Written in Red
2. There are shape-shifting wolves, vampires, crows, and...a little something extra.
3. The "little something extra" owns the coffee place!
4. One of the shape-shifting wolves owns a book store next to the coffee place. A BOOK STORE OWNED BY A WOLF.
5. Meg Corbyn is simultaneously adorable as she is strong. This is one bad-ass woman here folks.
6. There's a wolf puppy and he's also adorable in a more puppy sense of the word.
7. Simon is a wolf and he is grumpy which can be very amusing.
8. There is more than one story/plot line going on here. Who exactly is Meg? What is up with living at the Lakeside Courtyard? Who is after The Others?
9. There is definitely an underlying tone of interest between our two main characters. *eyebrow wiggle*
10. Did I mention Simon, THE SHAPE SHIFTING WOLF, owns a BOOK STORE and it's called HOWLING GOOD READS? You're welcome.