by Emily Barr
Ella Black seems to live the life most other seventeen-year-olds would kill for . . .
Until one day, telling her nothing, her parents whisk her off to Rio de Janeiro. Determined to find out why, Ella takes her chance and searches through their things.
And realises her life has been a lie.
Her mother and father aren't hers at all. Unable to comprehend the truth, Ella runs away, to the one place they'll never think to look - the favelas.
But there she learns a terrible secret - the truth about her real parents and their past. And the truth about a mother, desperate for a daughter taken from her seventeen years ago . . .
After - or maybe while - you're reading this book,
you may want some ideas on how to de-stress...
because goodness can books be stressful!
Fun, but stressful!
Read on for my suggestions on ways to take a break
2. Feeling your heart beating fast? Are you anxious to keep reading? take a break to watch a quick and funny YouTube video, or ask Alexa/Siri to tell you a corny joke! Laughing is good!
3. Does reading that thrilling read have you feeling faint? Take a snack break! Maybe no caffeine? lol
4. Are you reading this book at 3 am? Don't take a break - GO TO SLEEP!
5. Find your nearest (maybe dearest) CONSENTING person and give them a hug!
6. Is the anxiety getting to great? Don't feel bad if you need to find the nearest pillow to scream into!