30 BOOKISH FACTS ABOUT ME
YOU DIDN’T EVEN KNOW THAT YOU WANTED TO KNOW
1) Currently reading? I've been picking up stuff left and right. So much left unread. Currently: All is Not Forgotten by Wendy Walker and On the Move by Oliver Sacks
2) Should’ve read, like, yesterday? Everything. Literally.
3) Book that impacted you? Everything I read impacts me in one way or another, but here are two that come to mind. First is True Crime Addict by James Renner because it terrifies me to think that someone could literally vanish and not be found. It's creepy, amazing, and terrifying at the same time. The other book is Asking for It by Lilah Pace because it is the first book, for me, that dealt with the taboo of the rape fantasy and I believe Pace did it very well. It floored me with its honesty.
4) Hyped vs backlist titles? Some hyped - but I usually buy and read much later, definitely backlist when I find an author or series I think I'll like.
5) Current series crush? All I've been reading are series books! What am I not in love with!? Ugh. Um, currently The Others series by Anne Bishop, the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews, and the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. Oh and any cozy mystery series involving books, authors, or bookstores. Yup. Catnip.
6) How strong is your self-control around books? Non-existent
7) Plot vs characters? I am a sucker for a well-written character. Sometimes, if the plot isn't all that wonderful, a great set of characters can push it through. Can you really have one without the other though? Hm.
8) Would you write under a pseudonym? Heck yes. It would be another female name or a really ambiguous one like "C.M. Fae" or something. Or maybe a simple C.M. Ortiz will suffice *wink*
9) Would you marry your bookshelf? Yes. Any day.
10) Do you ever get sick of reading? Not really. I get sick of what I'm reading sometimes.
11) Random bookish memory? I tend to recall memories of my mother, who does not know English and is not a reader (I am the only one in my family who is, really), taking me to a local thrift store once a week or every other week so I could pick out some books. There was always a huge selection and I did pick books that were way beyond my age of understanding - but I always devoured what she bought me, and she not once limited my choices.
12) Character you relate to? Probably the closest are: Sera from Never Been Kissed by C.M. Kars (No, I did not write it lol) - mostly because she is the right amount of geeky, introvert, and caring - and NOT because of the romantic elements of the book; also, Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell because of her fangirlish, geeky, and anxiety-ridden ways.
13) Do you own bookish merchandise? I don't! Aw, this makes me sad. I do have Harry Potter Funkos. Oh, and Cthulhu! Those count, yes?
14) Controversial opinion? I think there is too much drama in the world (and hate) because people believe every thought they have needs to be said. I'm all for speaking your mind, but wish we were all more mindful about what actually gets said.
15) NOTP? (book relationships that I do not like, and therefore, ship) I am sure they exist and I am only repressing them.
16) Why didn’t I love this? Eh...this one is a difficult one for me because I'm a rather good judge of what books I'm going to choose to read and like.
17) Hardcover vs paperback? Paperback
18) Do you ever like villains? Oh yes. It's a love/hate thing.
19) Cringeable reads? Oh, let me count the books! lol There actually aren't that many, but sometimes a few tend to slip through. Some are: The Wager by Rachel Van Dyken, The Billionaire's Intern by Crystal Kaswell, One of the Guys by Shiloh Walker, and 50 Shades of Grey series. I read the first one, and that was enough.
20) Where do you get your books from? From a variety of places: thrift stores, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and Abe Books.
21) Haunting read? I have yet to read a book that scares me. Nothing against scary books because I love them. But I'm a horror fan, so it's difficult to creep me out.
22) Highly anticipated upcoming release? Lauren Graham's and Anna Kendrick's memoirs or whatever they're calling them :D
23) Annoying character qualities? Being whiny, too co-dependent, boring, superficial, a jerk with no redeeming qualities or moments, entitled, self-centered, and did I mention boring? And characters that do not change. Grow a little, people.
24) Least favourite genre? Historical romance
25) Best tropes? Oh, let me count the ways to my little trope-y heart. I love the following: enemies to lovers, geek/nerd women and the hot guys who love them, sometimes friends to lovers, and plus-size women and the men who love them (is that a trope? I dunno, but I like it). And I don't know if it counts, but books about books, bookstores, authors, bloggers, etc. are my love!
26) Rereading? I re-read quick "guilty-pleasure" reads when I'm feeling down, but I don't reread often.
27) Have you abused a book? No! The most abuse a book gets is tumbling around in my purse/totebag.
28) Series you quit on? Hunger Games (I only read the first one, and didn't care for it much, but love the movies!). and the Divergent series (I read the first one, and don't care for the others...or the movies).
29) Wish it wasn’t a standalone? No! I have enough series! Standalones are welcomed in my little bookish world.
30) Bad bookworm side-effects? Being broke from buying all the books I can. Next day book-hangover after staying up way too late reading. The FEELS that I get from these damned wonderful things called books <3